Tuesday, May 13, 2008

mother's day/working on the house :)


So I had a great Mother's Day... Andrew gave me a small gift Saturday night after he got home from work- box of chocolates and a Ped Egg (which by the way, works really really well to get rid of callouses on your feet, you can get them at your local Walgreens). Then on Sunday I went out to eat with my family, and my dad got me a card :) I thought that was sweet, because obviously I'm not his mom or wife, so it was nice to be thought of :)
I also took my 27 week picture that night after I got home.

Today I have big plans to do some things around the house I've been meaning to get done. I'm going to paint and put up the letter's in the nursery, clean the back patio off (we've accumulated random stuff out there that doesn't really belong), and then there's a couple more crafty projects I've been meaning to work on that I'm going to try to get to today... lots of things to do around the house still before Alexis gets here :)

A couple days ago I rearranged the living room, and I LOVE the arrangement now... I'll have to take some pictures of it and post it, for those of you who knew what it looked like before. It just feels a lot more like a room now instead of being SO open. Because we don't have our tv in there, it was kinda hard to figure out a good arrangement for the furniture. (seriously, without a tv... what do you point all your furniture at?)

I also finally uploaded the pictures of our fence and will put them on facebook sometime today. I love having a fenced backyard. We just put Mayer's doghouse together today, so now she can stay outside when we're both gone... she loves it out there (not as much when she wants to come in and can't... but still likes it better than a crate), so hopefully she'll like her new house.

Oh and last night I started packing my "hospital bag"... my friend Lillian went into labor 2 months early (her and her little boy are both doing well... he's still in the hospital, but breathing on his own :)), so I decided to get a jump on things :) I also realized there's a lot of things I still need, so I'm glad I went ahead and did it, now I have a little bit of time to find and buy those things I still need before the time comes (for those of you who have lost count, I'm almost to 28 weeks, which is the last trimester... still 3 months to go though)

Well, I guess that's it... if I want to get anything done I need to get off the computer :)

1 comments:

Lilymm04 said...

time is going by so fast i cant believe you almost at the end. Well please try to take it easy and dont work yourself to hard cause it seems like you are getting a lot done. Tell andrew he needs to pack some things for himself to take to the hospital too okay.