Tuesday, April 1, 2008

productive day

Today was a very productive day for Andrew and I. He had the day off, and usually on those days we just hang out and do absolutely nothing. We normally end up destroying the house if anything haha.
But today we slept in, which was nice and then we went to Taco Bell (and I DIDN'T get terrible heartburn... woohoo!) for lunch, and then to Wachovia to do a couple things- 1: we needed to get our house closing documents out of the safety deposit box because it's got some info we need for our taxes on it 2: Andrew needed a new debit card, so we ordered that and 3: we signed up for Wachovia's "way to save" program, which puts $1 into your savings account every time you use your debit card.
After our wachovia trip, we headed to the thrift store in Rome, we're on a hunt for furniture for the nursery... we've got our crib, but furniture is SO expensive, we doubt we'll get a dresser for a gift, so we're trying to find one at a garage sale or thrift store. Not much luck at the thrift store, but I did buy two cute little onesies for 79 cents each... heck yes!

Then we headed home, and Andrew played some video games while I went back out to buy dinner. Andrew fixed some fantastic hamburgers out on our grill (and we ate outside on our patio furniture!) I fixed some yummy potato salad, and even though I halved the recipe we still ended up with WAY too much haha, and I also fixed some yummy fruit salad, but we were too full from our burgers and potato salad, so we're saving that for a little later tonight (probably after American Idol:) )

So, this weekend I'm going to a rummage sale that a local bank is doing as a fundraiser for Relay for Life... Walgreens is doing one in 2 weeks, so I'll be going to that too... hoping to find some great, cheap baby stuff! And then Saturday night we're going to a wedding which should be lots of fun... I've got lots of stuff going on in the next couple of months, and I have a feeling they're going to FLY!

Wedding this weekend, wedding in May, baby shower in June and my baby shower sometime in June too... lots going on :) And then in August... *drumroll* baby time!

0 comments: