Thursday, April 24, 2008

busy next couple of months!

So I was just thinking about all of the things I have coming up, and I realized this summer is a busy summer!
Next week I'm going shopping on Monday down in Kennesaw with my friend Melissa for baby stuff. And then on Thursday we're leaving for Gatlinburg. We'll be there 5 days, so we'll be back the following Monday.
Then on Tuesday I have a doctor's appointment that I have to drink a gross orange drink to do my gestational diabetes test (it's a test to see if you have it... everyone has to do it). And then, two days after that on Thursday Andrew and I start our birthing classes at the hospital- the first two classes are about "late-pregnancy concerns, fetal development, and the physical and emotional process of labor and delivery", the next class we learn about breastfeeding and bottle feeding, the forth is recovery, baby care and safety. Fifth is infant and child CPR, and the last class we get a tour of the hospital (labor and delivery rooms, the nursery, etc.)

So, that will last 6 weeks. In between the beginning and end of that, I have a wedding we're attending on May 17, and then on Memorial Day weekend we're going down to Florida for a family reunion (my side of the family). I'm excited about that because I had to miss Thanksgiving this year because of work, and also my cousins will be there with their baby girls they just had (one in October, one in February).

After that I'll have another doctor's appointment and then it's June! The second weekend in June is my friend Melissa's baby shower, and then the weekend after that I'm having my baby shower (June 21). After *that* my calendar is pretty empty so far, but I'm sure we'll be busy doing any returns and exchanges from the shower and we'll also have to finish buying anything we need for the baby. And after my shower I'll only have 7 weeks until my due date... and she could always decide to come early... and after Alexis gets here I'll have no free time :p I can't wait though... time is going by so fast, but August definitely can not get here fast enough!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know the orange drink isn't that discusting, but it gave me the shakes. It's a lot of sugar. Hope everything is going well. Where in FL are you going to be? - Betsy