Friday, April 4, 2008

the nursery is started!

Shopping yesterday went really well... we decided to stay in Rome, so we went to Broad Street and I got some cute stuff for the nursery and the bathroom (which is being redone in Target's frog theme) I got TONS of cute clothes (I know I shouldn't be buying until after my shower, but I couldn't help it... everything was on sale!) The consignment shop on Broad Street was having a "bag sale" where you filled up a plastic bag for $5... so I got a bag full, and some other stuff from inside their store... a really cute 12 month outfit that's embroidered with an "A"... how great is that? And then we went to the mall... and Belk was having a sale, most of their baby stuff was 40% off, so I bought some cute little dresses with frogs on them! yay! (If you didn't know... I like frogs)

Enough talk about yesterday... now let's talk about today!

I've been working on clearing out the nursery for the past few weeks, and since the garage sale last week it's pretty much cleaned out.

A couple days ago I moved the stuff we've been storing in our room into the closet... clothes, etc.

And today I installed the light fixture! I love it! And I'm super proud of myself for installing it, all by myself :) I'm not very handy at all, but after this I feel like I should be featured on HGTV haha... here are some pictures (I don't know how to resize them... so just use your imagination to fill in the other half of the picture haha):
here is the fan that used to be in the room:
Photobucket
the ceiling with nothing on it:
Photobucket
the lamp all installed:
Photobucket

and the light turned on... isn't it cute? I love it!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Lilymm04 said...

That lamp is toooo cute. I love it!

Sarah and Ryan said...

So, the bathroom is going to be froggy themed? Awesome!!! But you are still going with princess theme in the bedroom, right? I can't tell you how much I love the lamp. How is the carpet coming?