Friday, June 6, 2008

Contacts! :)

I'm so excited... Andrew doesn't have eye insurance with Walgreens, so I procrastinated getting new contacts, and last week I ran out of new ones, and one of my old ones fell out in the middle of the night (that's what I get for all the fans I have running!) So, I've been wearing my glasses for the past week and I HATE them.

And then I realized that the contacts I usually wear are super expensive, but it was never an issue because my dad had good insurance, and the last time I got new ones was while I was still in college. The reason they're so expensive is because they're monthlies... you can wear them to bed and just toss them out at the end of the month.
So I was really worried I wouldn't be able to get those same kind, and I've been sleeping in them for 5 years, and I can't go back to the way things used to be! Taking them out every night, not being able to see at night... uck!

So, I went in to Walmart today for my eye exam (which is another thing I'm excited about... my vision hasn't gotten worse with pregnancy, I was worried that would be an issue), and I asked the doctor if there was a cheaper version of the monthlies, and there was! The ones I have now are about 1/2 the price of my old oneshappy

So, obviously it was still expensive, but not as bad as we originally thought. And I'm so excited to not be wearing glasses!

0 comments: