Saturday, April 17, 2010

Cooking Extravaganza!

This post is mainly just pictures, and explanations of the pictures :) To the left is my stocked freezer, full of all of these delicious meals. This time I made a list of all the meals I made, that way I can cross it off when we eat it and when I ask Andrew what he wants for dinner, and he says "what do we have?" I don't have to dig through the freezer to see what's left! I'm so smart... I know ;)












This is my chicken curry. We haven't eaten it yet, but I did a couple taste tests as I was putting the servings in freezer bags- pretty tasty! I was a little worried because mine does NOT look like the pictures from the blog I got the recipe from. I don't really know why. I think I might've burnt the flour/onion/apple mixture just a little bit, but I can't taste it at all, so I don't really know why it would've made SUCH a big color difference. Oh well. I'm looking forward to trying this one.... I'm always a fan of trying new things, and in this recipe I used several ingredients that I had never used before.








This is all of the ingredients for quesadillas. I've had 2 of these- they're GOOD! These and the calzones are my go to meals when Andrew's at work and I don't feel like making myself something. These you take out of the freezer, put in the oven for about 15-20 minutes and they're ready to eat. Not much thought required.







This is what's inbetween the layers of tortillas. It's chicken, cheese, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and a few different spices. I eat it with sour cream. Alexis even likes them, and for the most part eats the chicken and onions/peppers without even knowing that's what she just ate ;)














Chicken Tetrizini- this looks so good... another one I'm really excited about trying. I did a lot of recipes this month that had pasta in them. I didn't think that pastas froze well for the most part, but I got the recipes off of freezer meal blogs and the like, so I went with it. I'll report back :)







This is the cheese sauce for the mac and cheese... yum :) Alexis taste tested the mac and cheese before I put it in the bag. She seemed to like it- not a big surprise though, she would live off of mac and cheese if I would let her. Well, maybe mac and cheese and bananas....








Andrew was in charge of the girls for the day. After Alexis woke up from her nap, I heard lots of laughing coming from her room... so I went to see what was so funny. Osc (that's what Alexis calls our dog Oscar- Osc) and baby were going night night! Very funny stuff ;)








This is my stash of supplies as the cooking was first getting underway. I apologize for the unorganized order of the pictures in this post. I barely have the time to post this at all, so you'll just have to bare with me on this one :)









Meatloaf- in a crockpot! It was very tasty. However, I would either not cook it quite all the way. Or make sure it's 100% defrosted before reheating. I didn't have time to defrost it all the way, so I had to heat it longer in the oven and it was just a *little* dry. I dip my meatloaf in ketchup when I'm eating it, so I didn't really mind it- but if you make it, I suggest doing one of the above things to prevent it from being too dry.





Yummy calzones- canned pizza dough, cut into 4ths, add cheese and toppings- close and freeze (I wrap it in wax paper and then stick it in a freezer bag). Then I bake it straight from the freezer at 400 for about 30 minutes. Super easy for lunch or dinner when Andrew's at work :)
I also keep a jar of spaghetti/pizza sauce on hand in the pantry for dipping.






Stroganoff on the right and pizza pasta on the left. They both get things added to them after they're defrosted, but the hard work has been done and now they're sitting in my freezer.

It's gonna be a good month and a half of eating in my house! :)

1 comments:

Jaimie said...

nice work sara! i don't know why, but i don't think i could do this. i'm too wishy-washy with food. plus i really, really, really love cooking so i would be sad if i didn't get to chop onions. that's my favorite part of cooking is the chopping! haha. but i'm really proud of you because that is a LOT of hard work and I'm really glad it is paying off esp. with those two little cuties!