Monday, April 19, 2010

Big Ideas

Over the past couples weeks I started thinking a lot about ways to save money and that lead me to think of some hobbies/activities that I really want to start doing.


One thing that I've been doing for a couple weeks is couponing. I'd like to get really good at it and be able to save hundreds of dollars in one trip, but I think I'm a ways away from that still. I've saved a good bit of money on my last couple trips and got a couple really great deals (free stuff, etc).

A couple more things that I'd really love to start doing soon-
  • gardening: I'm planning on starting one soon... have to wait on some extra monetary funds to get this started.
  • baking: I'm a big fan of baking in general and saw a couple yummy looking recipes for homemade bread. I'd love to start having more "from scratch" things in my house.
  • sewing: I have a sewing machine and I've sewed a couple things, but nothing that required too much work or skill. I really would like to learn how to do it though, I'd love to be able to make cute dresses for the girls. Great money saver too!
Right now I'm working on keeping my house clean. With a 21 month old and a 7 month old, my life stays pretty busy, but it's starting to settle down some and I'm regaining control over my house!
I'm working with the flylady system. I'm on day 5 now and my house is looking pretty good :) Our bedroom is the last room to be cleaned, and that's on the agenda for this week.

1 comments:

Jaimie said...

i baked some cranberry muffins the other day and i put them in the freezer to reheat in the mornings for breakfast and they reheat beautifully. let me know if you want the recipe.

also, these 2 blogs has a ton of really easy and cute sewing ideas!
http://www.littlebitfunky.com/
http://www.prudentbaby.com/

: )