Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The year in review...

I'm sitting watching tv... the ball will be dropping in 40 minutes! I thought I'd give everyone a recap of this year. It's been a great year!

January-

I turned 23 and had my first doctor's appointment. We got to see the little bean and everything started to become real!

February-
Happy Valentine's Day! My last day of work at Walgreens... yay! Went back to American Eagle part time

March-
I started this blog. We had the BIG ultrasound and found out we were having a girl! I started working on our great nursery and we got a fence in our backyard for our puppies :)

April-
I was nesting bad! Cleaned out the garage and completely rearranged so my big belly would fit in the car. Did my glucose test (yuck!). Started my birthing classes. Finished painting the nursery.

May-
Went to Gatlinburg on our babymoon. Finally finished our wedding scrapbook. Traveled down to Florida for my family reunion. It was my first Mother's Day... kinda, I think 2009 will be even better ;)

June-
I had my baby shower. Finished decorating the nursery. It's getting close to d-day! We aquired a new kitten, Butters!

July-
Alexis is here! July 24th 7:05pm 21" 8lbs 7oz. We love her so much! Unfortunately she had to go back to the hospital for jaundice, but she was home in time for August and Andrew's birthday. Andrew took 2 weeks off work, it was great to have him home.

August-
Alexis is one month old. Andrew goes back to work. The animals are adjusting well I think.

September-
Andrew went to play airsoft with some of his friends and I had a girl's weekend with Alexis and my best friend Sarah. It was Alexis's first roadtrip. Alexis started rolling over, holding her head up and smiling! She changes so quickly.

October-
Lots of fall fun and Halloween activities. Alexis is a princess for Halloween. We found a great church. We saw Wicked, leaving Alexis with her grandparents for the first time.

November-
Alexis voted in the election (or at least she helped mommy), we went to Mississippi to visit Andrew's family. Alexis and I went down to FL. for my family's Thanksgiving. Alexis started laughing a lot! Alexis also got RSV and we had to put her on a nebulizer :(

December-
Alexis is 5 months old and had her first Christmas! She had a great time and too many presents. We started Alexis on solids and she loves apple sauce and bananas!
Tonight Alexis is staying awake to ring in the new year with us! Only 15 more minutes :)

1 comments:

Ellie... said...

awww Happy New year! I have to tell you, I've always thought your LO is beautiful and I love her name!!! I hope your family has a blessed 2009!