Tuesday, December 16, 2008

quick update

I realized I haven't updated in a while, besides posting videos. Alexis had her 4 month check up right before Thanksgiving. She gots shots and got measured. She was 13 lbs 5 oz and 26 3/4". She's average weight and super, super long! Andrew of course is very proud that she's going to be tall like daddy (and mommy, but he doesn't include that when he says it).

After her check up we were able to start her on solid foods. The first cereal feeding is on youtube... I posted the video a while ago. She's liking cereal a lot more now. I've also started giving her applesauce mixed in with her cereal now. She LOVES that! she eats the whole bowl and then wants more.
We tried giving her peas last night, but I think they had too much texture for her, so we're going to try a few more things that are smoother and then come back to peas.

I'm getting really excited about Christmas! It's Alexis's first christmas and I know she won't remember anything, but it's been fun starting traditions. We're taking her to see Santa on Friday before our anniversary date (2 years!) and we've got her stocking and presents all ready to go.
I haven't decided exactly when to read them to her, but we're also going to start the tradition of reading the Christmas story and The Night Before Christmas every year... maybe Christmas Eve, but maybe Christmas morning before we open gifts. We'll see!

As mentioned above, Andrew and I are going out Friday night for our anniversary. Andrew's mom is coming up to babysit and we're going to see a movie (Four Christmases) and then we're trying out a new japanese steakhouse/sushi bar in town that's suppose to be really nice for dinner. It'll be nice to have a date night without baby in tow!

On Saturday I'm going to get my Christmas present done... I still haven't found anyone to go with me, since Andrew will be babysitting. In case you haven't heard... I'm getting a tattoo in honor of Alexis. I'm getting this vine, with the larkspur flower on it. The Larkspur is Alexis's birth flower. I wanted something to symbol Alexis, but I also wanted to be able to add something else for future children. So with this I figure I can add more flowers for my unborn children :)

1 comments:

megan said...

I *luff* your tattoo idea. That is genius!